WELCOME TO ENGLISH 109H!

I'm Dr. Mary Bell, and I'm your instructor for this course. I will conduct course communication via this blog. Please check daily! mebell@email.arizona.edu

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Blog Post 34: Thesis statement for rhetorical analysis

Blog Post 34: thesis statement for rhetorical analysis

Post your thesis statement for your rhetorical analysis of your third project. Argue that “I have used the best available means of persuasion for this rhetorical situation.” Examples we came up with in class:
  • “I argue that the most effective way for me to reach  the UA student body was through the student paper the Daily Wildcat;  I used primarily an emotional appeal with personal quotation and experiences to refute those who are ignorant towards the severe life-threatening mental illness, depression.” 

  • “Because my paper would be published in a science magazine, I used formal diction, concise sources, pictures, statistics and graphs, to maximize my efficiency in conveying my message about forest management to ecologists and politicians.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment