WELCOME TO ENGLISH 109H!

I'm Dr. Mary Bell, and I'm your instructor for this course. I will conduct course communication via this blog. Please check daily! mebell@email.arizona.edu

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Problems in drafts: analyze the rhetoric of the controversy, don't just summarize it.


Many of the drafts I'm seeing do not analyze the rhetoric of the debate, but are only summarizing the debate. You should not only be explaining what is being debated, but also how and why. Omitting this analysis will significantly reduce your grade.

==>>Please review the assignment sheet and this post about what a QRG is and is not


I'm also seeing lots of issues with wordiness, passive voice, and nominalization. We will spend more time on this on Wednesday!!

Also, remember the QRG is an internet genre. Pay attention to layout, fonts, graphics, and make sure to add hyperlinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment